Growing Your Business While Growing as an Entrepreneur
Growing Your Business While Growing as an Entrepreneur written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
My guest on today’s podcast is Jill Nelson, founder and CEO of Ruby Receptionists. Started in 2009, the company provides virtual receptionist services across the U.S., and consistently helps those clients win over new business and create exceptional customer experiences.
Ruby Receptionists also frequently appears on “best of” lists, having landed on Fortune‘s list of Top 5 Best Small Businesses to Work For in the U.S. from 2012-2015, Oregon Business Magazine‘s 100 Best Companies in Oregon from 2010-2017, and the Portland Business Journal‘s Most Admired Companies.
Today, Nelson and I talk about what goes into starting a business, how to manage your changing role as your business continues to grow, and what makes Ruby Receptionists such a successful brand.
Questions I ask Jill Nelson:
- Call services have been around for a while. How did you find a way to make Ruby Receptionists stand out from the competition?
- What did your early marketing efforts look like? How did they change over time?
- How have you grown personally as your business has gone from startup to a significant company?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to stay relevant as your chosen industry changes.
- Why allowing your workers to bring their full selves to the office is critical to creating a great company culture.
- How to continue evolving in your leadership role as your business grows and changes.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jill Nelson:
- Learn more about Jill Nelson
- Learn more about Ruby Receptionists
- Check out the Ruby Receptionists blog
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
What’s their secret? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/beyondbf.
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Gusto. Payroll and benefits are hard. Especially when you’re a small business. Gusto is making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses. You no longer have to be a big company to get great technology, great benefits, and great service to take care of your team.
To help support the show, Gusto is offering our listeners an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today, and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/TAPE.
Source: Feed 3