How to Give a Great Business Presentation
Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I chat with author, professional speaker, and entrepreneur Michael Port.
Port is the co-founder and CEO of Heroic Public Speaking, where he trains entrepreneurs, professional and aspiring speakers, and executives on how to give a compelling speech that changes hearts and minds.
He is also the author of six books, including Steal the Show, which shares practical public speaking tips. A former professional actor, he now focuses his attention on helping businesses use public speaking as a marketing tool, and often appears as a communications and business development expert on MSNBC, CNBC, and PBS.
On today’s episode, Port shares his insights into everything public speaking-related—from combating nerves to rehearsing effectively to the elements that make up an effective speech.
Questions I ask Michael Port:
- How much of public speaking is about the performance versus the content?
- How can public speaking advance the customer journey?
- What is the key to incorporating an effective call to action in a presentation?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why the amount of work you put into a presentation should be directly proportional to the stakes of the presentation.
- How to reduce anxiety when approaching public speaking.
- What foundational five elements are key to building a great presentation.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Michael Port:
- Learn more about Michael Port
- Learn more about Heroic Public Speaking
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow on Facebook
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Rev.
Rev offers quick and accurate transcription services. Whether you’re looking to transcribe a video or podcast episode, want to record a meeting, hope to dictate a blog post or even a book, Rev can help you get it done.
We at Duct Tape Marketing use Rev for transcription of all our podcast episodes, and we have a special offer for you. Go to https://www.rev.com/blog/dtm to secure a $100 coupon for new users.
Source: Feed 3